This is a crucial role here at Forward School. Community Managers serve as the face of a company. They are generally responsible for managing and handling communications in both directions. Community Managers are involved in various activities such as communications, PR, social media, events, and content creation.. As a Community Manager, you’ll wear many hats and be responsible for making sure the office runs smoothly and tasks are on track. You will handle everything thrown your way proactively and with positivity: from maintaining spreadsheets to making sure the office is stocked with everything the team and tenant need.
We’re a mission-driven company, looking for people who are hungry to work hard, make a difference, and grow within our organization. Our teams are rapidly expanding and growth opportunities are abundant for those who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and be a leader. This position will be reporting to the Head of Operations.
- You will be the face representing the organization in welcoming our potential clients - students and their parents (C&W, Bootcamp, NitroDegree) and tenants (both of private office and co-living studios) as well as other potential collaborated partners or visitors who step into our premise.
- Organize and participate in events to engage the community (both internal and external) and boost brand awareness such as holiday parties, game nights, hackathons, inspiring and uplifting workshops, etc.)
- This includes listening, which results in monitoring, and being active in understanding what community members are saying on both school ran and external websites. Secondly, they engage school community members by responding to their requests and needs or just conversations, both in private and in public.
- Liaise with Development and Sales departments to stay updated on new products and features
- Coordinate with Sales and Marketing Team and/or PR and Communications teams to ensure brand consistency
- Promote school events, student accomplishments and updates to community members by using traditional marketing tactics and conversational discussions. As proven as a trusted member of the community, the individual has a higher degree of trust and will offer help and support.
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers and industry professionals.
Gathers Community Input for Future Product and Services
- Perhaps the most strategic of all tenets, community managers are responsible for gathering the requirements of the community in a responsible way and presenting it to the leadership team. This may involve formal recommendations from surveys to focus groups, to facilitate the relationships between the school/district and school community. The opportunity to build stronger relationships through this real-time live focus group is ripe, in many cases, school communities have been waiting for a chance to give feedback.
- Provide operational support and assistance to superior when needed.
- Excellent organization skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to take on news tasks and responsibilities as the need arises.
- High energy and a “Get-it-Done” attitude.
- Exceptional closing skills while still remaining welcoming, understanding, and empathetic
- Able to think on your feet, try new approaches and bounce back when things don’t go your way
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to influence others internally and externally
- Ability to tie an individual’s wants and needs into a logical solution
- Confidence pitching to in both 1:1 and 1:many situations
- Drive for Results
- Time Management
- Written and Verbal Communications
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Customer Focus
- Passionate about education and computer science!
You’ll be joining a team of people who are deeply passionate about our mission to make high quality higher education accessible to students of all socioeconomic backgrounds. We’re a small, fast-growing team, and everyone needs to pull for each other and share best practices to make the entire organization better. Finally, you can have a bit of fun with us along the way.
This position is a full-time and salaried role. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
How to Apply
Interested to apply? Kindly send your resume and anything else you’d like to provide us to our Head of Operations, Zoey Teoh at email@example.com