UX Designers analyse the relationship between a digital product and its end user in a strategic manner and use wireframing/prototyping and data analytics to enhance the users' experience. Good UX Design makes products useful and enjoyable for its users.
This is a challenging, think-on-your-feet role which requires plenty of analytical skills, critical thinking and collaboration with designers, researchers, product managers and engineers to succeed.
- Apply design thinking principles, methods and processes to solve business problems.
- Implement the user research process step-by-step on any given project.
- Learn to organise massive amounts of data to create meaningful user and task flows through information architecture.
- Understand and apply good UI and visual design principles through empathy in order to create usable user interfaces and interactions via high fidelity wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Conduct user interviews and testing at different stages of the design process.
- Learn the basics of front-end development using HTML, CSS and Bootstrap.
- Learn to communicate effectively and prepare design specifications for an agile team environment which includes other designers, developers and product managers.