Spotify is by far, the largest on-demand music streaming application today. They have a record of pushing boundaries in technology by using AI and machine learning to enhance user experience through customer data insights.
With tens of millions of users listening to music every minute of the day, brands like Spotify accumulate a mountain of implicit customer data comprised of song preferences, keyword preferences, playlist data, geographic location of listeners, most used devices and more.
In this session, Daren Tan, a Full-stack Generalist and Data Scientist will be dissecting the various applications of Data Science techniques by Spotify that gave them a competitive edge over other streaming services and dominate the music streaming industry.
- Understand why Data is the magic ingredient for music streaming success
- Understand how Spotify analyze text data using Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Learn about collaborative filtering for recommender systems
- Learn about the opportunities in Data Science
Who Should Attend:
- If you are looking to implement Data Science in your work or business
- If you are looking to start an AI-based business or company
- If you are looking to switch your career and get involved in the field of AI and Data Science
- If you are seeking to understand what AI and Data Science are all about as general knowledge
Daren is a full-stack generalist and data scientist. Avidly passionate on combining data, design and development onto solving real-life problems. Prior to his current role, he worked as a freelance developer/consultant for multiple startups around Asia for 3 years bringing ideas to life.A serial hackathon winner with a cumulative total of 6 podium finishes and 4 Top 10 finishes. He even entered international hackathons as far as Italy and London before. He is also the winner of the Merit Prize at the 17th MSC Malaysia APICTA Awards 2016. Founded Hackathon Kaki & Developer Kaki, two active tech communities in Malaysia with over 6000 members.He is currently working as a Assistant Manager in MaGIC working on tools and technologies to empower startup ecosystem in Malaysia. He is also a familiar face on the judging panels for hackathon/entrepeneurial events and invited as speaker for tech events and universities.Alternatively, you may make the payment directly to the company.