This programme produces highly employable software engineers with the skills, knowledge and hands-on experience that employers require.
Forward School's NitroDegree in Applied Software Engineering was designed in collaboration with our industry partners. As a result, this emphasis on real-world learning provides our students with experience of hands-on software development using current commercial tools and techniques.
Our programme focuses on the latest trends in mobile and web development, as well as current industry practices which allow our students to develop an intuition for software design and code quality.
On completion of this 2-year programme our students will be industry-ready graduates able to make an instant impact in a fast-paced working environment.
- The ability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical ideas to a range of audiences, verbally and in writing.
- The ability to analyse requirements and apply current software engineering concepts and knowledge of technology to develop useful products; to make these products scalable, robust and secure.
- To achieve fluency in industry-standard programming languages and the confidence to working with a range of operating systems.
- The ability to confidently use industry-standard tools such as IDEs, DBMSs and source control.
- The ability to debug and test code to fix bugs and defects.
- The ability to design and implement rational and NoSQL database systems for real projects.
- The ability to review code and give effective feedback.
- The ability to deploy and launch products and services, supporting real users.
- Knowledge of the appropriate tools and techniques to design, write, debug, test, manage and deploy code; aw well as to manage a commercial software development process such as Agile.
- A technical knowledge of a range of platforms and technologies used in industry.
- A deep understanding of what constitutes good quality code.
- A working understanding of a range of third party libraries, frameworks, and large commercial codebases.
- The ability to design, write, test, debug, manage and deploy code productively on projects as part of a larger team.
- The ability to work with a variety of platforms (cloud, mobile, web) using a range of languages, technologies, and tools.
Student Sponsorship Program
Forward School Student Sponsorship is a newly-established funding program that aims to create the next generation of innovators through investment in exceptional Malaysian youths who are passionate about software engineering.
Created in tandem with key technologies companies in Malaysia to build the talent pipeline; mobilising and connecting talents to opportunities, recipients will be funded to pursue their studies in a 2-year Applied Software Engineering program offered by Forward School.
The Sponsorship Program comprises of committee members from the technology industry, academia and community. Upon completion of their study programs, recipients are expected to contribute to the sponsoring company.
Apply for the Student Sponsorship Program